Morris Equipment Ltd is a worldwide manufacturer and distributor of air seeding, tillage, and hay hauling equipment.
We are recruiting to fill a full time Powder Coat Painter position who can work well with and without supervision at a production pace, to join our team at our Manufacturing facility in Minnedosa, MB. The shift is Monday – Thursday 10hr Days/Nights Rotation. Friday overtime when required.
- One Year experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of powder coat spray guns
- Complete coatings by operating and adjusting spray guns to paint the product
- Assist with loading and unloading products for coating and blasting
- Able to follow directions, manage multiple priorities. and meet daily production targets
- Able to communicate the progress of production to management
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Assist with any other tasks as laid out by you supervisor/lead
- On occasion, required to perform labor tasks such as painting, grinding, sanding or general tasks as directed by Supervisor or Lead hand
- Effective communication, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Team Player, able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Attention to safety, quality and detail is a must
- Learns quickly and able to demonstrate effective problem solving
- Promotes a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings
- Ensures quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality
- Related shop experience is an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Understanding of basic hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ensure work area remains clean and well organized
- Constant light physical effort (bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking, standing)
- Regular heavy physical effort (carrying, lifting or pushing heavy items)
- Hazards associated with a manufacturing environment
- May experience unpleasant conditions such as dust, fumes and heat
- Highly repetitive or monotonous tasks
- Overtime as required.
- Shift is Monday-Thursday, 4 days, 10 hour shifts
– Competitive Compensation
– Company-matched pension plan
– Health & Dental Benefits
– Life Insurance
– Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume no later than March 31, 2024.
Attention: Human Resources
**Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.